Not only can dog leashes save the life of your pet, they can also save the lives of strangers. Charlie Shannon of Martin County, Florida found that out this week when helped rescue a man who was attacked by an alligator, and he did it using his dog’s leash!
Our reader noticed her dog takes his food out of his bowl and eats it on the living room rug. What’s the deal? Why is her pup having meals on-the-go and getting crumbs all over the house? Dear Labby has some advice.
There are times when we have to travel and our pups can’t come along for the trip. At some point you have to just trust the Universe and have a good time, and that’s easier to do when you know you’ve taken a few emergency precautions.
Leishmaniasis in dogs is a disease caused by a Leishmania parasite infection. It can either result in a skin reaction or an abdominal organ reaction, known as black fever. Black fever is the more severe form of the disease. Here’s what you should know.
If you must travel with your old dog by plane, make sure you and your dog are as prepared as possible, and start planning well in advance so you can be ready to meet your senior’s needs while flying and have a safe trip.
A puppy shower is a fun event where you can introduce your new dog to the humans they’ll come to know and love. It’s also a great chance for your puppy to get some valuable socialization. Of course, any good party starts with invitations.
There are many breeds that we call bully dogs, and they can have vastly different looks, temperaments, and breed histories. So why do we group them all under the label of “bully dogs?” Well, they all have one thing in common.
Lupus in dogs is a disease in which the immune system attacks the body’s own cells and tissue. There are two types of canine lupus, and they each have different symptoms and treatment options. Here’s what you should know.
Unlike a baby shower, a puppy shower doesn’t have to be all about gifts, but it is a great way to introduce the pup to their new extended family and friends. Instead of gifts, we recommend puppy shower games!
Choosing a good vet is not as easy as it might seem. It requires the same patience and diligence that you would devote to finding any other kind of professional. Here are five steps to take when choosing a veterinarian for your beloved four-legged friend.
As much as you might like to bring your dog on your travels, sometimes it’s just not possible or practical. And you may have used up all your pet-sitting favors from family and friends. It might be time to go shopping for dog kennels.
- At DogTime, our mission is to keep dogs out of shelters and get them adopted to good homes by providing novice and experienced owners alike with the important information needed to make them, and their dogs, very happy and healthy.
- DogTime covers all things dog. Our extensive pure- and mixed-breed profiles include the history and evaluation of various dog breed characteristics--such as behaviors, shedding, adaptability--and what they mean for a potential owner.
- For those looking to take the plunge and adopt a four-legged friend, take the matchup quiz and questionnaire to find the pooch who best fits your lifestyle and interests. You can even check local shelters in your zip code using our adoption page. And don't forget the extensive lists of dog names by breed, theme, and other categories.
- We also feature expert advice on a variety of topics, including training, raising puppies, housetraining, dog health, product reviews, and more, with answers provided by notable and respected veterinarians, trainers, behaviorists, pet lovers, and specialists.
- For more relaxed fare, the dog video and dog picture pages are stocked with videos and images of everything from funny and cute dogs to how-to's, product reviews, and training.
- Make sure and check the homepage for breaking news articles and features covering the latest happenings in the dog world, product and food recalls, important legislation, and other information that impacts dog owners.